Dive into the world of Decision Support Systems
Are you passionate about technology and looking for a practical, real-world experience in technology?
This internship is perfect for students who want to help build a Knowledge Base System that supports decision making using Generative AI in the context of Disaster Risk Management and Preparedness Plans.
Apply now for this internship!
What will you do and learn?
Join us as an intern and you’ll be right at the heart of a major European project, namely the project RESILIAGE, with international partners. You’ll help to create a new, innovative Decision Support System.
This system will be a new tool for knowledge sharing and analysis. Based on the data collected and analyzing that data, the system can then formulate best practices suggestions, identify relevant role models, and summarize lessons learned.
With the addition of Generative AI, the system could also generate smart recommendations.
If you have always dreamt of making a meaningful impact in disaster relief efforts, then you’ve found the perfect place to start!
- Researching independently to build our Decision Support System.
- Choosing the right methods and technology to get the job done.
- Use the selected set of tools to build the Decision Support System.
- Collaborating with international partners, to gain insights to make the project even better.
- Reporting your findings and progress, becoming a key voice in our team.
Not only will you learn a lot by doing advanced research and tech work, but you’ll also play a big part in a major European project.
It’s a great chance to grow both personally and professionally, where you can show off your independence, creativity, and decision-making, while working with others in a collaborative and international setting.
No need to be a tech wizard from the start. If you’re studying in a science or engineering field and are comfortable with programming, you’ll fit right in.
Ideally you have the following qualifications:
- Currently enrolled in a science/engineering degree, e.g. Computer Science, Software Engineering, Data Science, etc.
- Front-end development experience
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Fluent in English language
Any extra skills in databases, AI, UX or cloud services are a bonus!
What can you expect from us
Join Almende to work on innovations that make the world better and smarter through self-organization and technology.
We research complex problems, together with an international network of partners, and generate ideas to solve them. We also help entrepreneurs grow innovative ideas into successful companies.
We are a small-scale and flat organization. The culture is informal, and communication lines are short. We don’t like office politics.
At Almende, employees are given the space to work independently. We empower our employees to voice their ideas. If you enjoy taking initiative, have many ideas, and wish to execute them, you’ll feel right at home.
What we offer
- Real hands-on experience: Apply what you’ve learned in your studies to real-life situations
- A peek into the international tech scene
- Build a network with industry pros
- Guidance and mentorship from people who’ve been in your shoes